Position: Office Manager
Level: SCHADS Level 3 (Pay point to be determined based on qualifications and experience), plus leave loading, superannuation, and salary sacrifice
Position Reports to: Program Manager, or as directed by the CEO
Location: The Gap Youth and Community Centre, 91 – 93 Gap Road, The Gap, Alice Springs NT 0870
Hours: Full-time fixed term 38 hours per week
Probation: A six-month probationary period, where applicable, applies
Last Review: 1 June 2022
Eligibility: Indigenous applicants strongly encouraged to apply
The Gap Youth and Community Centre Aboriginal Corporation, a not-for-profit community-based organisation, has been providing assistance and support to at-risk children, young people, their families, and their communities in Alice Springs since 1977. As a multi-service organisation funded by Territory and Federal government, the GYCC provides a range of support programs and activities to assist and empower young people to make positive choices and decisions for their future.
For over 43 years, the GYCC has been providing support and assistance to children and young people based on individual need including assistance with educational engagement, housing and homelessness, vocational training, employment assistance, crime prevention& intervention, information, referral, advocacy, practical assistance, drop-in, and recreational activities.
The Office Manager coordinates the administration of the organisation and will provide high quality and efficient administrative, human resources and financial support to the CEO and the management team. The position is responsible for front office reception and as the first point of contact for the organisation, it is vital to greet our clients and visitors in a welcoming and culturally safe way.
The successful applicant will have well-developed organisational, financial, human resources and administrative support skills, including a high level of attention to detail, be highly organised and self-motivated and the ability to successfully liaise with staff of all levels and deal sensitively with clients and stakeholders.
Work Health and Safety:
Values and Behaviours:
1. Demonstrated experience in effective administration responsibilities, systems and procedures.
2. Demonstrated experience in finance activities and procedures.
3. Demonstrated ability to organise and prioritise tasks, meet deadlines and work with minimal supervision.
4. Sound judgment and strong written and verbal communication skills.
5. High level of accuracy and attention to detail, proven problem-solving skills and the ability to develop and implement workflow systems.
6. Demonstrated ability to work with sensitive information and maintain complete confidentiality.
7. Demonstrated experience using the Microsoft Office applications and a good understanding of general office technology.
8. A creative mind with an ability to contribute ideas and demonstrate initiative and flexibility.
9. Hold a current NT drivers’ licence.
1. A tertiary qualification in Business Administration or related fields or equivalent experience.
2. An understanding of the current issues facing Aboriginal people and sensitivity to their history and culture.
3. Ability to speak a local Aboriginal language
Employment with Gap is conditional on the employee providing:
TO SUBMIT YOUR APPLICATION
Please include a one-page cover letter, response to the selection criteria, your current CV and 3 contactable referees.
Applications will remain open until a suitable applicant is appointed.
Authorised By: Jen Standish-White 28 December 2022
Jen Standish-White – CEO of The Gap Youth and Community Centre Aboriginal Corporation